Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Schola Cantorum Concert

For lunch Dave walked down the street to get his first--I say first because we all plan to go back--sample of the Noodle Station's cuisine, the vegetarian variety, of course.  When he got back Nancy and I haeded to the cathedral to attend a lunchtime concert by Schola cantorum, an a cappella ensemble from Reykjavik.  They were excellent and the musical selections, all in Icelandic, were beautiful.  I particularly like one piece that I would like to secure for Valley Harmony and to suggest ot Bruce Borton, Music director of the Madrigal Choir of Binghamton, so I asked one of the ensemble member about it and it turned our that one of the other members composed it.  I was introduced to him and he gave me the Website where I can contact him.  The piece was titled   "Fyrir MigJesú, Þoldir Þú" (It Was For Me, Jesus, That You Endured). 

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I did. I met with the composer, a member of the ensemble, after the concert and he sent the music to me shortly thereafter. Do you have the means to help your students pronounce the Icelandic? Where are you? Can you send me your E-mail address?

    ReplyDelete